View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 06:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm sorry that the docs haven't been able to figure out the cause...but do they have any suggestions as far as what to do for it? I mean...I get that if it's caused by some underlying thing then you need to get treatment for that...but the fact of the matter is that it IS happening and what should you be doing NOW to fix it or at least slow down the process. If it is caused by the RSD (a definite possibility) then there's no cure for that and the question still remains the same: what do you do about the muscle wasting?

Have you spoken to a physical therapist or even a personal trainer about what would be some good options for putting on muscle mass? If a doctor can't help you then maybe a consultation with someone in those fields could at least give you some options. I recently started working with a personal trainer to get some exercises tailored to my specific needs and limitations to help me regain some strength. The woman I am working with has experience working with people who have disabilities so she's really good at working with me around my needs. The key being that these exercises are all tailored to my specific goals of developing more muscle and strength...as opposed to me doing things on my own which may or may not be helping me actually achieve what I want. Does that make sense? Not sure if it would help in your situation or not but it might be worth checking in to. Many personal trainers will do free consultations where you could just go talk with them and see if they might be able to help or not. If not...then nothing lost except some time.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote