View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 11:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sorry to take so long to get back to you, I'm having trouble learning the site, and it just occurred to me to check my own stats~!

My current need for oxygen is from a rare form of "hardening of the arteries",, tho it's called idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension. It has already caused some enlargement of the right ventricle, before I requested oxygen. I'm currently on 5 liters per minute, constant flow, and that keeps me good unless i get active and forget to increase the flow. I do sometimes let my blood oxy levels fall into the 80's, but seldom into the 70's, and never for long, since i see spots and get a splitting headache from it. I do use the little finger Pulse/Oxymeter regularly, often even. I like to guess what it's going to say before i read it LOL! My "normal" O2 levels all my life were 98%. The docs seemed to resent that, i don't know why (probably because i was a smoker for 30 yrs).

Recently i have had to admit that i have developed "hay fever", allergies. I don't know what causes it, since I have it in the winter also. I hope it's not my cats! I have heard that allergies can come with age, too. I am 60 yrs old now, and far too young to be this old!

I just have this feeling that there is something wrong, and I can't put my finger on it,,, but I am almost always right, and when it comes to the brain, i'd like to be proactive in finding the problem and then finding some panacea for it. I am familiar with TMI's and ischemic somethings, I can detect no signs of mini-strokes, no loss of muscle tone, no slurring of speech, etc.; just the word substitution and dyslexia when typing. You would not believe how many corrections I have had to make typing this post. (Ifyout really saw how i type you would be laughing your behinds off .)

Thanks for the replys, tho,. I will continue to monitor and observe. I trust myself far more than any doc,,, just wish they would let me play with their toys~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
StormE1

I wonder if these symptoms are a combination of your past concussion history and your current need for oxygen. You may be experiencing times when your O2 sat is below what your brain needs. Chronic O2 deprivation combines to cause dementia like symptoms. Do you use a pulse-ox to keep track of your O2 sat levels?

These same symptoms often show up when a person with a concussion history reaches their 40's.

Have you tried using a O2 concentrator or do they not provide enough O2 ?

Be Here Now
StormE1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote