View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 12:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Vitamins and Minerals

Thanks for the Pointer, Mark. I did go read up on the Vitamins, and i take 11 supplements, plus i just started taking allergy meds. My supplement intake is far superior to the one I read at the top of the Forum.

I am unable to tolerate vitamin A at all, even in foods,, I don't know how i survive without it... ,,, as for Vitamin B, my body refuses to swallow it! Since my body is so much wiser about these things than I, I don't force the issue. Since my diagnosis of Diabetes in January of '12, i have been taking:

OMEGA 3; D-3 2000mg; Calcium/Magnesium/Zinc; potassium; CoQ 10; cinnamon; Chromium Picolate; probiotics; and just recently added Curcumin.
I also eat an apple and a grapefruit every day.

Since everything here costs twice what it would in a city, i figure i'm paying about $5 a day plus the cost of whole grain, raw, and organic foods. i am literally eating the equity in my home. If i had eaten half this well in the first half of my life, i might not be having to now!

I do kind of resent that almost all of my weight gain is a direct result of medications over the years. Most pills are an automatic 20 lbs, regardless of how long I take them. I was given Oxycontin when i had whiplash, and i don't have any memory of the 2 months during which I took it, but i have the 20 lbs to show for it. I call it Oxymoron. I have always had a very high pain threshhold, so I take Aleve occasionally if a pain won't go away and is too much to tolerate.

Anyway, thanks for the drug talk ... so few want to hear it! I would like someone to consider adding CoQ 10 to the list at the head of the Forum.

StormE1

Be Here Now
StormE1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote