Thread: Neurontin?
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2007, 08:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I could be wrong, but it doesn't seem to me that Dr. Hooshmand says NOT to use neurontin. There are side effects for many (weight gain is what I mainly hear about), but for those who tolerate it, don't grow to have an intolerance, etc it can be quite helpful. There are adverse side effects for many, and it can be quite an overused drug. But just because it is overused doesn't mean that some RSDers haven't found it doesn't work. Every RSDer has tried different medications used for RSD. Some find this works, some find that works... seems like a lot of individuals are different as far as what medications work for them. RSDers shouldn't rule out neurontin won't work if they haven't tried it or they are only on a low dose. Sometimes adjusting the doses can help.

I have found that it, like Lyrica, helps with burning pain/ allodynia. I am sure there are many here who can state the opposite, but it shouldn't be ruled out 100% for those with RSD. It has proven to help with neuropathic pain. The only side effects I had were when I first started it- I was dizzy. That was all, and I guess I have almost always have seen benefit with it. I would hate to see what would happen if I stopped the neurontin. I still am in severe pain daily, but it would be extremely severe without it. -Not to say that I don't have ups and downs with it-- I do, and it seems like it's always that way.

Thanks for posting that link, Molly! That is one I was going to pull out for this thread.

Sending soft hugs each way!
InHisHands is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote