View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 06:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karilann View Post
I found myself with anxiety issues. Once I found the right medications for anxiety, I felt much better.
I'm not sure anxiety was caused by the M.S. I think I've been anxious all my life.

I applaud you for addressing the issue and hope you find some help.
I think depression/anxiety is a "which came first, the chicken or the egg" question as far as how it relates to M.S.
I am certain I've had anxiety since I was a teenager. I remember once having an EKG. Hmmm, that didn't turn up a thing I feel that was back before they were giving medications to kids? Or perhaps, I was living with my mom, at that point, and she wasn't the therapy type, my dad was, but they were divorced when I was young. I've grown up on both sides of the 'argument', the polarizing one. (therapy v. non therapy, meds v. non meds)

I've used anxiety meds before, and they did work. But I had some serious reactions the last time around, and have stepped back, considering the side effects that I had mentioned. Ugh. My anxiety med was a combo ad/anti anxiety. [Worked]Great when I lost my mom and divorced(same time frame).{[just not this time around]}

Yes, which came first, chicken/egg, emotions/ms? hmmm...for me, I feel I know my answer just writing that one out...thanks

Last edited by GladysD; 06-02-2013 at 06:26 PM. Reason: [] addendum
GladysD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
karilann (06-02-2013)