View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 08:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New Member/Same Story

Hello everyone. My name is Dwight. I'm 49 years old and live in the Seattle area. About 1 1/2 years ago I started experiencing numbness/burning/etc. in my feet. Did some research and figured out it was PN, which was confirmed by doctors. Was pretty much told there's no cure, and pain management is the only hope. I went to a chiropractor that said he could cure it with lasers. Of course I fell for it because of the pain. Needless to say that was total snake oil. Anyways, here I am 1 1/2 years later wondering if this is what I have to look forward to the rest of my life. At this point I make myself do things, not because I want to, but because if I don't I'm one step closer to giving up. I'm taking Lyrica and Nortryptiline, but they really don't seem to help. I also take Lypoic Acid, but again, that doesn't seem to be helping. At this point I feel like I need to get on some sort of pain medication, which I've resisted, but this is getting really bad. "Thinking" the pain away is not going to work. What are the alternatives? Any help is appreciated. Trying to stay positive, but as you all know, that is pretty hard. Thanks in advance for the help. By the way, if someone can tell me how to link this to my e-mail so I get an alert when I get responses, that would really be appreciated.
SeattleDDC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote