Old 06-02-2013, 08:07 PM
----

10 yr Member
----

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GladysD View Post
Eric, totally OK to post this here.

I am of a personal opinion, that especially when MS is involved, that when we get emotional over things, there is a physical reaction that can come quickly along with it. Hence, the reason 'stress' on the body/mind/spirit/soul is more detrimental to someone with an illness such as MS, than the average healthy individual.

Uncontrollable crying, can be pseudobulbar? Or grief? Build up, stress, so many emotions about your future, ability to participate in life, etc etc.

Were you friends, compassionate and empathetic? Did they call you up, later, even today to check in on you?!

What is bringing about the loss of license? Has your doctor asked you to not drive yet?
The girls I'm going to the fair with aren't really close friends, just people I know from going to the store and hitting it off with. I really like them so I said hell with it, I'll see if they wanna go.

It was weird...I was talking about driving and may have to give up my driving license if it gets worse and that is when I just went into a sudden emotional sadness and just blatted hard. They pulled up a chair for me and I sat down, because My legs got wobbly and I was shaking a bit. I think it was just a build up up everything and when I started talking about not driving anymore it sparked a fast and hard emotional response...most likely because it may be a reality. I couldn't believe I did it in the store in front of people I don't actually know as in close. I was wanting a hugg to show me they weren't freaked out, but I didn't get one and no, they never checked up on me. I'm a little disappointed and it makes me feel like they think I'm weird now, but they don't understand and they were just as shocked as me that night.

They did ask me several times if I wanted a ride home or at least to be followed home...

I watched Lauren Parrotts video about emotions and crying, but she says uncontollable crying and laughing just happen for no apparent reason in situations it shouldn't be happening...Like having fun at Chucky Cheese she can and does break out into tears.

Mine felt normal like having the news of your friend dying just told to you...that sudden feeling of despair, but it happened so fast and powerful and I could not control it at all. I have not went back there yet....it will be a while, because I don't want to explain that it could of been MS related... they wouldn't understand it I don't think. Plus I looked like a total wimp and drama queen that night lol... Being a man it was an ego blow you know? I mean like I am now some emotional "girl" in their eyes. It's embarrassing.

The doctor has not told me to give up driving, no one has...I've just been thinking about it lately and how it can be a reality. Having to ask people to take me places is going to be a big blow...I love my cars and driving....loading the bike and heading to the trail...all of that. If I can't drive I'll have to be like a drunk with no license bumming people fo rrides plus I wouldn't be able to go to the bike trail as often and.or stay as long as I want when I have someone driving me. I usually stay all day riding, but no one is going to wait for me that long and I'll be like a little kid, having to stop riding and be taken home.

I'm just not liking these thoguhts, but I can't help not thinking about them.
EricP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
GladysD (06-02-2013), SallyC (06-02-2013)