View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 08:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I went to Mayo for treatment and found it suited what I was looking for. I was originally diagnosed locally on August 29 last year and had a CT scan that indicated an enlarged thymus. I refused to have surgery locally and opted to head to Mayo for a consult since my insurance covered me there.

I found their approach to be unique, but appreciated. I scheduled my initial appointment with a neurologist that specialized in MG and was told to plan on staying a week or so in order to accommodate any testing they wanted to have done. When I saw the doctor, the appointment lasted close to two hours where we discussed my history, symptoms, severity, etc. Then she did a workup of various strength tests.

I was then immediately scheduled for bloodwork after the appointment, an overnight oximetry for the following night and an EMG two days later. I also had a referral to a cardiothoracic surgeon and a follow-up with the neurologist immediately after the surgical consult on the second day. And then before I'd even left, I had surgery tentatively scheduled.

I will say it can be a bit overwhelming and tiring, depending on exactly how you're doing, but for where I'm at and what I want, it was definitely what I was looking for.

If you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

Good luck in your search!

Adam
hajile99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cait24 (06-03-2013)