View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 12:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thanks so much for all the advice!!

Okay so I THINK I have figured out what one of the contributing factors was. Since I got my new sexy leg braces from PT a few weeks ago I have been wearing an old pair of sneakers that have an arch in the foot. So I changed shoes a few weeks back. I had noticed that my feet were having more of the I’m walking on rocks feeling lately, but I chalked it up to just another episode of that, as I’ve had that feeling before. Throughout the last five or more years of the ten I have had CRPS II, I have dealt with the charlie-horsing in my legs, and on many occasions my toes have curled and I have rubbed them back to a normal position. But what happened the other night was crazy scary, and painful as hell. I wasn’t swelling, it was just full on pain and cramping. My fear was, what if this just doesn’t stop or at a minimum settle down? Am I headed for contractures? Maybe…

The episode lasted several hours and continued to get worse until all the drugs kicked in and knocked me out. Just before falling asleep my leg started to have myoclonic jerks . When I woke up the next morning the cramping had subsided but residual pain lasted… well I still have some of that, but each day it’s getting a bit better I think.

I take soma. I did try baclofen once the spasticity in my whole body went nuts. For whatever reason, that drug does not agree with me. I know all of the cons of soma, and I sure don’t take it all of the time, but am real glad I have it for nights like the one I just had. I did push fluids too. And when I could I tried to stretch. I will ask the doc for lidoderm patches, and see if that helps. Even for this residual pain left in my feet. And yes, for under $6 bucks, I will get some magnesium lotion by Morton's and give it a try too.

Thank you so much for all of your responses and suggestions! I was at a desperate place when I posted this thread. I feel for those of you who have lost, or are losing the use of your feet/legs, or any limb for that matter. When I look at the progression of the CRPS in not just my feet, but all over I can clearly see where I’m headed. It’s horrible to think about, and this last episode really freaked me out. I try to just keep moving. I know that if I don’t I will probably deteriorate more rapidly.

PS, I never ice as I have heard it to be a no no. I have “cold” CRPS II, so I don't swell very often.
Vrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (06-13-2013), Brambledog (06-03-2013), ginnie (06-03-2013)