Thread: Dr Urschel
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 02:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I love this forum. I am one of those people, a bad outcome and the surgeon didn't want to deal with me after surgery but was actually SO NICE prior. I felt like I was manipulated. Well I still feel that way. Now I have to redo surgery because of his mistakes and his lack of proper follow up and his treating patients like lab rats.

I consulted with Dr. Urschel last year. But he is very old now, in his 80s and I think he has retired and has his new protege doing the surgery so that was why I chose not go with him but it was great speaking to him over the phone from NY, very nice man, told me his entire story with his cervical ribs and how he was a football player and everything....surgeons need to stop acting like they are damn celebrities and be the people they should be. You choose the field of medicine to HELP PEOPLE. That should be your first and foremost goal. To do anything to interfere with that means you are in the wrong field to begin with and all you care about is making money and a name for yourself with your conveniently positive outcome studies.

-6/20/14 Seroma Drainage Right Side

-7/18/13 Re-do of Right sided Supraclavicular Thoracic Outlet Decompression by Resection of Cervical Rib, First Rib, and Neurolysis

-8/30/12 Unsuccessful Right sided Supraclavicular Thoracic Outlet Decompression via Scalenectomy, Brachial Plexus and C2 through T1 Neurolysis, Resection of fibrous band attachment to Cervical Rib and Pectoralis Minor Tenetomy
parbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
chloecasey (06-03-2013)