View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 02:32 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricP View Post
My left arm, outer part past the elbow towards the hand is numb plus my ring and pinky finger are numb and feel weird moving. All my other fingers move normal. Never had this before and it is freaking me out and I am just trying to ignore it for now. It's been two days almost and still the same.

I am really getting irritated at this at this point.

The ulnar nerve enervates the pinky finger and half of the ring finger. The median nerve enervates the thumb, index, middle and half of the ring finger.

I'm trying to remember the anatomy I learned in the medical terminology courses I took a few years back for a job I never got to do because of the stupid MS. Been kind of interested in the nerves of the hands since I had carpal tunnel surgery. (which I think I might not have needed. Think it was MS causing that problem)

I know how irritating it is. My hands have been varying degrees of numbness since July of last year. I'm still waiting for that damage to heal. I started out not being able to move half the fingers on my hands, and things were really really numb. It's gotten better, since I can type and crochet/knit again, and things aren't as numb, but it's still altered sensation. It's pretty much pure torture. Right now my left elbow has been numb and ITCHY for the past week. That is making me nuts.

It really does make me wonder who I wronged in this life to deserve the torture of MS.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote