View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 05:07 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I am using a wonderful product for my hands. I have very stiff and often swollen fingers, so working on the computer has been challenging lately.

On PN here we use topical magnesium for pain, stiffness and burning. Inflammatory events often disrupt the micro circulation and prevent the magnesium you may supplement orally or eat from getting to every necessary spot.
Magnesium is the "relaxer" in muscle functions. Calcium is the contractor and magnesium the relaxer. Also magnesium works at the mitochondria membranes to enable energy transfer, so things work properly. And thirdly, magnesium is an antagonist to the NMDA pain receptors. When these are overstimulated by aspartate or glutamate, (MSG is one culprit) magnesium can calm this down.

Here is the item to try. Morton's Epsom Lotion.
http://www.mortonsalt.com/for-your-h...-epsom-lotion/
Now available at WalMart for $5.98, and for $2 more on Amazon.
This is a reformulated version of CVS epsom lotion which didn't sell enough for them to continue offering it.

For hand use I'd use a quarter's diameter dollop 1/2 on the back of each hand, and inner wrist, and up the inner arm. This will get into the blood vessels quickly and relax the circulation and improve mobility. You do not lather this on like a cosmetic moisturizer... a little goes a long way.

I use this every day. It has the added benefit of reducing any high blood pressure you may have as well. It will dilate things, to a more normal state, which may be contracted by your disease process. Those of us with PN in the feet also apply this to the tops of the feet and around the ankles. Applied at night or in the evening, it will help you sleep better too.

This is a wonderful product and you will be amazed at how it helps! Many of us here on NT are now using it. (non greasy and fragrance free).

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (06-03-2013), Kitty (06-03-2013)