Thread: Brain
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 09:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Health Psychologist

You might try googling for a "health psychologist." They are people specifically trained for helping people cope with health issues. They can have insight into the specific stresses of chronic health problems that other therapists don't.

Lori
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djhasty View Post
Thanks for your response finz. I am sure I need a good therapist be it a psychologist or social worker or nurse, etc. I want them to understand my disorders: CRPS, Dystonia, spasticity. I am worried that I might get 'beet up' or misunderstood by someone who is unsympathetic. I have not been to a therapist (marriage counselor many years ago) in a very long time. The experience worries me.

I was evaluated by a neuro psychologist prior to my diagnosis of CRPS. I contacted him a few days ago. He only does patient evaluations; he does not do patient therapy. He suggested that I see psychologist M.D. He gave me a number to a medical practice to call. None are neuro psychologists.

Thank you for your suggestion. I think I will have to go that route. The longer I fret over what type of therapist i need, the more opportunity I have to sulk over my losses.
BraveGirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Djhasty (06-03-2013)