View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 10:56 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I had shoulder surgery a bit over 3 years ago. For the first several months it was just numb (my kids used to play "can you feel this?" with me, it was funny.)

then feeling started to come back. As fiery, raw, hypersensitive sensations. Yeah, it does that sometimes, they told me, it can be over sensitive at first, that's a good thing, it means the nerves are growing back.

Three years later, it is still hypersensitive. My smooth cotton shirt hurts. The tiny, loose cotton knit spaghetti strap from my tank top hurts. Forget wearing a bra, not possible. Wearing a t-shirt with a regular neck, not possible. Wearing a little, thin chain, loose necklace, not possible.

I liked it better numb. My doctors still disagree with me that numb was better. Jerks. They don't have to carry a piece of supersoft, sythetic fleece everywhere so that they can put it under the seatbelt strap, under their coat, under their soft, loose cotton shirt, under their pajama shirt so they can fall asleep finally. Not be able to choose clothing they'd like because it will hurt. Pretend to love gifts your kids give you, and force a smile while you put on that pretty little "I love Mom" pendant they got you, knowing that after an hour you can take it off! and put it away and never wear it again and hope your kids forget it like they seem to.

Numb is not so bad. Could be worse.
winic1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote