View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 12:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default How does climate affect fibromyalgia pain?

Greetings, everyone. I'm 41, was diagnosed last year with idiopathic small fiber peripheral neuropathy and fibromyalgia, both which I've suffered from for several years. Been actively searching for a cause, but so far... NADA. Doing what I can to manage the pain and stay off meds as much as possible.

I noticed the pain in my feet was far worse during very cold winter days, particularly when it was snowing. Also, the fibro pain was terrible during the 2 years I lived in the (damp) Pacific NW, especially on cold days. Warm weather hasn't eased the pain much, but I definitely feel worse when it's cold.

So, I'm wondering what role climate plays in the effects/pain level of neuropathy and/or fibromyalgia? My husband and I are seriously considering leaving New York City within the next year, mainly due to my illness (even if the climate were ideal, all the walking I must do and many flights of stairs I must climb each day have become much more difficult since I began showing symptoms).

I think a dry, mild climate might be better, but I'm curious about other people's experience with moving to a very different climate and how it affected their pain.

Thanks!
APJH
APJH is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (08-18-2013)