Thread: Expired credits
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 04:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Dr. Reports

Do you have any Dr. reports or anything showing you became disabled in 2000? I believe that's what year you said you did. Even though you did work for 2 1/2 years, you did work with a disability. If you have any doctors reports those need to be used to show you were disabled on or before your last insured date. Perhaps someone has already mentioned doing this, so sorry if this is just a repeat of what someone may have said. Also, from what I'm now learning they also look & count five years after your last insured date, so it sounds to me like you are in that category.

I know when dealing with the social security office they are very quick to say to someone they don't qualify if they can use the last insured date routine. I've dealt with it myself so I know. It isn't an end all, but you have to work that much harder to prove your disability started around that date. I personally think it's a stupid rule if someone hasn't known about it. I notice the social security office doesn't state someone's last insured date on their yearly statements they send out. I think we know why. They deliberately don't do that, they don't want people to know. Some people have told me it's like car insurance, but I notice my car insurance does tell me the date I'm insured to. Besides that, we aren't cars, we are human beings who have unfortunately fallen under a very bad rule that works in their favor if you don't do extra steps to prove everything. Good luck, you have my sympathy. It's too bad employees can't just build up an account to use if they ever become disabled & the date insured has nothing to do with it. If it's that critical regarding the date, again they should DISCLOSE this to each working employee. Just keep fighting and don't give up, that's what they want you to do.
Halo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote