View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 04:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

After I had spinal surgery I was told BOTH TIMES, that if the exercises caused me pain, I was NOT TO DO THEM. Now, it would seem that it would hold true for you too. I don't see where things would have changed -- I cannot see why they would want you to work THRU the pain. That doesn't make sense, because that just makes the pain worse!

I would talk with your therapist. Ask him/her what to do. If it hurts to do it, are you supposed to STILL do it. I would think not, but ask him.

You don't want to mess up your recovery, that's for sure. I wish you the best. And use ice for pain, 20 minutes every 2 hours. It worked for me! God bless and please take care. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ChelKB (06-05-2013), eva5667faliure (08-22-2015)