View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 08:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default small fiber neuropathy symptom patterns

Just wondering if anyone on here has a situation where when you have "flares" of burning/hurting feet from small fiber neuropathy that you ALSO consistently have bladder issues that coincide with it? What I mean is whenever my feet start their burning/discomfort I virtually always have my bladder or urinary tract go haywire -- urgency but yet difficulty going, etc. The thing of it is, is the two are tied at the hip it seems and they might go days or weeks if I'm lucky with not bothering me much and then bam, they BOTH just crank up.

Another thing I think I've noticed that often joins them is a bloating feeling. My sfn has been diagnosed as idiopathic, but I'm just still searching for an answer.

So I guess ultimately I'm wondering if anyone might have any insight why things seem to be fine or pretty good for a while and then the feet start up and are always joined by the bladder and often the bloating issues. Could this possibly point to some sort of cause that has been overlooked?

Thanks for any thoughts on this. Been tested for celiac twice and it was negative. Doctors are suspicious of an autoimmune issue, but they are sticking with idiopathic currently.
davidl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote