Thread: Expired credits
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 12:15 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyLaLa1960 View Post
I've been a stay at home mom for the most part but have worked outside of the home here and there.

Back in 2000 I was diagnosed with two separate conditions, both that could have put me on SSD but I didn't think of going on it at that time.

Granny,

I think it's important to remember that (aside from a few specific medical issues) it's not having a certain diagnosis that would have "put you on SSDI". Being approved as totally disabled for SSDI/SSI purposes is about how a certain medical condition affects each applicant and their ability t do work. Despite having certain diagnoses, you state that you were able to work, for several years after that. That would mean that you weren't totally disabled at that time.

My primary disabling condition is RSD. It has left me totally disabled.

There are many members of Neuro Talk on the RSD forum who are still able to manage working. They are not totally disabled by their RSD at this time. Paula Abdul worked for years on American Idol, earning and paying SS taxes on a sizeable salary, after her dx of RSD. She wasn't totally disabled by it.

I'm sorry that you weren't more aware of the eligibility requirements for SSDI when it could have helped you. Unfortunately, too many of us don't think of the important details about many insurances until it's too late.

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote