View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 02:38 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

hi chaos,
i'd gently encourage you to take a deep breath. let's take one thing and one day at a time. i'm not clear on a few things.

have you recently seen an opthamologist? a neurologist? had a brain/c-spine mri with & without contrast? what other tests have you had to rule out other illnesses. what did the neuro say about her exam? any mention of a lumbar puncture? to dx (diagnose) MS it's a process of elimination of other illnesses.
there's something called the McDonald Criteria that drs use to dx MS. you might look into that.

something that helped me control my fear was to imagine a scary what if. like what if i fall down? i'd get a medic alert button so if it happened again i could call for help. what if my walking was unsteady? i'd get a cane or some sort of assistive device. if you & your dh tried that strategy it might help. and, try to talk to one another. maybe he can come to your dr appt with you.
if not try to bring a friend or family member as another set of ears.

let us know how you are and what is happening.
You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
--------------------------------------
"DESIDERATA" by Max Ehrmann
NurseNancy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (06-05-2013), Natalie8 (06-05-2013)