15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Dear Mari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
Then the decision is thus:

===================

Take the 4 days a week, 8 hours a day, 5 week class that starts in July. At the successful completion you will have certification that makes it easier to find good jobs and that will gain you some skills

OR

Start looking for part time teaching jobs now and be prepared to get the certification while teaching.

===================

-->> Do you think you can do the intense course? This seems to be the important question.
Yes, you hit the nail on the head. As usual you have done an excellent job expressing my volumes of verbage in a few lines.

The answer is no, I am not sure I can do the course. If I were sure, I would only be fretting about getting the essays done.

If only it were in July. That would give me some time to know if this migraine frequency will subside. The course starts in 12 days. Between now and then, the essays, my submission, its positive evaluation, an interview with the school, and finally acceptance into the course would all need to happen. Even assuming that could all happen, I am in a typically hormonal migraine spell right now, so I have no way of knowing really by then, whether the migraine frequency is going to abate or not.

They do have a place on the form for declaring illnesses, disabilities and anything else that might be "relevant". There is a disclaimer there warning about possible course failure if one has absences relative to undeclared illnesses. This suggests to me that if you declare your illnesses and have related absences, the school will work with you. I wrote about the migraines but I was not considering this frequency when I wrote what I did. Thinking about it though, if I disclose to them my current migraine frequency, I think they might advise me to take the course later on.

If I represented the school, and someone like me applied and described my conditions, I would advise the person to wait until they felt better. What I would not know is that maybe that person had been doing so for years.

I am impatient. I am sick of being sick. It's always something. I missed the February, March, and May courses already. And that's just speaking for this year. I feel as though I at some point I am going to have to try and muddle through... depression, anxiety, and migraines notwithstanding.

sorry for Volume II here.

thanks for your patience reading, and thank you for distilling things so well.

waves
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (06-05-2013), BlueMajo (06-05-2013), Dmom3005 (06-05-2013), Mari (06-04-2013), mymorgy (06-05-2013)