View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 06:03 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Question

I ran across this rare genetic condition today online.

I am not saying you have this, but your symptoms are
similar to some of the list presented on this site:

http://ulf.org/adrenomyeloneuropathy-amn

Since it only occurs in males, and may appear in adulthood,
I think you should read it and see if it warrants a visit to the
doctor for the blood testing explained on the site.

Like many genetic conditions, it may not include all the symptoms listed, but being male is one criterion that is not changeable.
Men with the peripheral spinal cord involvement only, would have the peripheral symptoms mostly. And because this is not common most doctors are unaware of it. (In my case I have an uncommon problem(angioedema) too, and have lived with it all my life with no diagnosis until now).

I wonder if you have had an MRI of the brain, to rule out MS or to see if you have any lesions there?

When you say "bloating" do you mean GI only? Or do you have swelling elsewhere in the body? Do you take an ACE inhibitor for blood pressure? Lisinopril esp can cause a burning bladder because it is excreted whole in the urine. ACE inhibitors raise bradykinin and that causes tissue swelling which will put pressure on nerves. There is an acquired angioedema (ACE inhibitors) and an hereditary form, you can have that is genetic. People who have the hereditary form, have low levels of the enzyme that removes bradykinin from the body. When bradykinin rises swelling and pain results.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 06-05-2013 at 06:36 AM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
davidl (06-05-2013)