View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 11:51 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Tips for the Emotional Aftermath?

Hi guys,
I started having an episode last July for the first time that is now almost completely better. During the last months I had problems with fatigue, balance, nystagmus, headaches, nausea, severely stuttered speech, weakness/pain on my left side, sleep disturbance, and numbness and tingling. It got worse and worse for six months and then so so slowly started to get better. I am feeling so much better now, and am able to do things again, and projects, which is AWESOME! I still do not have an official diagnosis, and some doctors think I am somatiform.
My problem is, that while physically I'm doing worlds better, I am still dealing with the aftermath of what this has done to my self esteem, etc. I feel like I am still dealing with some depression and am stuck in emotional quicksand. I need to lose 50 pounds after all the stress eating and immobility, and am struggling to do that. I feel ALOT of guilt for what my kids and family have gone through and think these emotional issues are a stumbling block to moving forward, taking care of myself, losing weight etc.

What do you do to deal with the emotional effects of MS on your self esteem? How do you heal and get your spirit back? I am doing so much better, but I wonder if this experience has changed me permanately or if I will get back to where I was before physically, AND mentally.
Thank you, and good luck to you in your individual journeys!
Batesmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (06-05-2013), jprinz99 (06-09-2013), SallyC (06-05-2013)