View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 12:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Having a crappy hour here after going for a short walk in the sunshine with my husband....

What interests me (as well as this whole discussion lol!) is that before I had the operation that set off CRPS on my left knee, I had had unexplained neuro symptoms in my left leg for a couple of years - pins and needles, numb patches, aches and pains, some sensitivity... I saw my GP several times about it, and saw a neurologist twice. I found a diary I kept for a few days during that time, and I mentioned having a hot red patch on my leg, and another time I had a burning sensation on my skin.

Now was that mild CRPS anyway?! Did the knee op just aggravate it and elevate it to a whole new level? Should the surgeon have been so quick to operate "to see what's going on" given that my notes charted over two years of neuro symptoms in that leg? I had been playing a lot of tennis for about five years, and fell onto that knee once or twice over that time, smacked the raquet into my left shin several times while serving too, but thought nothing of it of course.

This condition is so complex, and I do wonder how much docs even TRY to join the dots sometimes.... It doesn't give you much faith really!

Take care of yourselves everyone, and I hope today lets you smile

Bram

Coeliac since 2007.
Patella femoral arthritis both knees.

Keep smiling!
Brambledog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
birchlake (06-05-2013), chrisandrob4ever (06-05-2013), ginnie (06-05-2013)