View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 03:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I was diagnosed by a Rheumatologist, because of a positive anti ach antibody test. It was positive for modulating antibodies. The Rheumatologist gave me the pyridostigmine to see how I reacted, and my reaction was good, but this Neurologist I'm seeing says that he can't count on my reaction, he needs actual data. He asked me how the Rheumy knew I was doing better, and I said "because I told him." That isn't enough for this doctor. He was condescending, making me feel as though I'm lying about what's going on. I hope I get approved to go to the Mayo clinic. With this Neurologist, I felt like I was on trial. He kept asking me questions that I didn't know the answer to. He was very intimidating.

There is evidence in my family of Channelopathies and I think this needs to be looked into. Whether or not it's MG, I know there is something going on. The thing I don't understand is that the last time I saw him he commented on how weak my muscles were. So, why am I made to feel like I'm on trial? I really don't think I'm imagining all this. If I am, then they need to refer me to a psychologist.
Quandry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote