View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 04:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Every one here remembers what it was like when were having odd symptoms and the doctors couldn't find anything. It was incredibly frustrating and we continued to worry and symptoms marched on.

I will give you some advice: Don't panic. Read the bottom of my post. It is so true!
Your doc may have shot you a look because he realized that your symptoms are interesting.....doctors like interesting.....and that also means they DO NOT know what's wrong with you. Just because he thinks a MRI is warranted, does not mean he thinks you have MS....it is another tool to ruling out all kinds of things. Its like another piece in the puzzle.

Hang in there....breathe.....and most of all don't panic! I was diagnosed in 2002 and the doc thought I had exhibited signs of MS since 1989, but the tests I'd had done could not prove it. In 02 I started a drug for MS and have remained fairly stable. When I knew it was MS (just before the confirmation) I locked myself in the bathroom, took a jetted bubble bath and cried my soul out for about 3 hrs. When I got the confirmation a couple days later I was able to say.."okay, what do we do now"......and I moved forward.

Anything new in life is frightening and the possibility of a chronic illness is definitely not one of those things we planned on.

Super big hug to you because I could read your fear between the lines

If you obsess about things that may happen and they don't come true...then you've wasted your time. If it does come true....then you've lived it twice.
karilann is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Natalie8 (06-06-2013), SallyC (06-05-2013)