View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 05:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks everyone. I planned to try some Krill but when I read the package it mentioned allergic responses and I have been getting worse so decided to try the fish oil first until I recover some adrenal/immune function as I just cut back my stupid inhaled steroids (again) because I started retaining water and my blood pressure went up on the wretched stuff.

I know the good stuff is better but I decided to dip my toe in the water as the it is kind of expensive so got some cheap Safeway brand on sale as it was buy one get one free so I got CoQ10 too.

I didn't really expect anything with the first dose besides disgusting fish taste but Awhile after I took it I felt like someone had oiled my poor old arthritic joints and poured soothing oil on my inflamed lungs. It was not a placebo effect. There is a steep driveway at one entrance of my apartment and I generally have to stop and catch my breath twice when I come up. I wasn't paying attention and walked up the whole way without stopping. Afterward I looked up some research concerning F Oil and COPD and it said it increases distance on the little walk test we do. It worked!

I will definitely be willing to spend more for the better brands next time. I read the cheap ones have their phospholipids stripped out so will try to take it with food that has that. I don't know what else those brands lack.

Does it help nerve function? I don't have much neuropathy pain anymore but I am still numb and have a little pain and it seemed to help that too. It seemed to be something my body really needs.

The CoQ10 was a bust however. I didn't take any fish oil and tried that today and it was just not good for my muscle/nerves or my breathing.

Thanks again. I am going to write down all the brands and maybe try krill too. I really hate fish but there is a fish market near me and I'm tempted to go buy some salmon even though I dislike that too.

judi
zygopetalum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote