View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 06:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Post What do I do with this information?

From MRI (without contrast) results:
There is no cord signal abnormality. The posterior fossa contents are normal. A T2 hyperintense lesion is noted in the C7 vertebral body, to the right of midline, most consistent with a hemangioma.
C2-3: Normal.
C3-4: Normal.
C4-5: Normal.
C5-6: There is a broad disc/osteophyte complex without focal disc protrusion. There is mild bilateral uncovertebral ridging seen. The broad based disc abuts and deforms the ventral cord.
C6-7: There is a broad disc/osteophyte complex which is mild in degree. There is mild uncovertebral ridging bilaterally but no focal disc protrusion. There is no significant central canal stenosis or neural foraminal narrowing.
C7-T1: There is no disc bulge or uncovertebral ridging.
IMPRESSION:
1. C5-6, there is a prominent disc/osteophyte complex with a broad based disc bulge which abuts the ventral cord. No focal disc protrusion. There is additionally mild uncovertebral ridging.
2. At C6-7, there is a mild disc/osteophyte complex with a broad based disc bulge which does not result in nerve root encroachment or significant central canal stenosis.

That was April 2007. I told the orthopedic then, that I had suffered with the same periodic neck pain and left arm numbness for 25 years and I was not interested in surgery. I got my results in the mail and, actually, have just now read them because I'm having another episode of pain. (Maybe due to new pillow that is too large and too firm?)
numb and hurt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote