Thread: photophobia
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 12:40 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Photophobia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehiroko View Post
Please share your experiences with photophobia and how it's improved in your case. Thank you so much.
I first realized I had photophobia about a week and a half after I fell, but I think I just hadn't registered it before then? It was painfully obvious at that point however because I had just taken doctor ordered 4 days off from work and life and sat in a dark room - the entire time...literally. So I walked into work the next day and the flourescent lights hit me like someone was stabbing nails into my eyes!

I also became extremely dizzy and nauseated and probably came close to passing out. Anyway, since then, I've been wearing sunglasses almost 24/7. I do not wear them at home and I try to go without them as much as possible on days I am not working to try and figure out how sensitive I still am. (This is 4 months later).

I am happy to say it is slooooowly getting better. I no longer immediately get nauseated and dizzy, nor do I get the sharp pains. I still have a very low tolerance though...on a good day, I can maybe handle an hour or two without the sunglasses. This is my experience so far and I know a lot of other's on this forum have expressed a lot of problems with eyes, so they will probably chime in as well!

Good luck! Hang in there!
jac3sr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon22217 (06-06-2013)