View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 01:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Wisdom teeth removal - Need advice

Hi,

I'm new to this. But I tripped over the site when googling about wisdom teeth removal, and how long discomfort lasts for.
2 weeks ago yesterday, I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed + a baby tooth. (I was missing an adult molar so it never fell out). The baby tooth was very low in the gum, probably only sticking out a mL or so, the socket for it still hasn't completely healed, and it is still a little tender. There were no stitches used for the socket. It isn't oozing, or red, and I am still cleaning my mouth religiously.
First question, is this normal?
Second question, after the numbness had worn off from my face, a few days after, one half of my tongue was still numb, this lasted for about a week. It is now feeling somewhat normal. But, if I drink anything cold, it ACHES. To the point I am preempting being thirsty and getting a drink out and letting it warm up. And after brushing my teeth, I am rinsing with warm water. Is this normal?
Lastly, (I think), I have never had a problem with sensitive teeth, until now. Not an extreme discomfort, more annoying to hot and cold foods. Is this normal?

I don't believe there were any complications with the surgery itself, I did wake up vomiting. But I was not advised as to them having had any trouble removing them.
I would go back and see the surgeon who did my teeth, but I didn't go locally to get them done, and I am holding off going to a dentist till it is decided if I'm just being paranoid or not.

Any help, advice, anything would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Lucyrosee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote