View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 11:51 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magister View Post
Hi everyone.
Been advised to take Rituximab and hoping someone can answer my questions from experience:
a) How long before it kicks in, i.e. weeks or months?
b) As I am unable to take steroids or steroid sparing drugs, how do I get stable before hand, as IVIG is being refused on cost/supply grounds (UK)?
c) How great is risk of infection and for how long?

Many thanks.
Magister
Hello Magister, I'm sorry that you haven't had any feedback, as yet. In the medical world, this is relatively new to MG. In Canada, I believe it is generally, still considered "off label" in most Provinces for Myasthenia. There was some testing going on in eastern Canada. It "appears" to have been a positive experience. There was one report, I believe American, that it wasn't long lasting, approximately 6-months. The problem is this is subjective, meaning, that 's what the patient reported. It is difficult for patients to receive this treatment here for other conditions because some provinces won't cover it--it is incredibly
expensive.

Health Canada has a number of warnings, albeit, relatively rare occurrences, in the use for other conditions. I hope you'll hear from someone.
Fortunatos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote