View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 12:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Oh Bram, what would I do without you? You tell it like it is (in a really good way, it's a compliment!!). I am ready to go for it now. I want to be able to go out and like you said not be crippled because I've done too far on foot. I don't want to be limited to a five minute radius of the house. I'm bloody ready! I'm going to ring for an assessment tomorrow, OT should be able to sort it as they referred me to physio for the walker. The GP wasn't keen on the idea but that was a while back, before I had to get the walker and he can lump it.

Can I ask whether you have a one that you wheel yourself or a one where someone pushes you? OT said if I was offered one I would have to have the latter, but I have read they are a more bumpy ride and I'd like to be able to have the option of being independent when Baz isn't around. Chances are he will be with me mostly when we use it, but he is blind too so I'd be his guide-wheelchair which might make things difficult - maybe that would swing it in my favour to get one that I can push myself in though. I have no clue if they offer electric ones, I doubt it? Not a problem, I will just have to work out a bit so I can heave my hefty body around haha!

And oh yes, that's the line Baz got this evening. He's in the process of a long hot shower and shave now - one whiff of that aftershave and I'll soon get out of my near paralysis
KathyUK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brambledog (06-06-2013)