Thread: May Check In
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2007, 12:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello all. It has been a while since I posted here but I am excited to see things picking up on this board.

All is well with us. Langan is on a lifetime seizure free streak- 69 days today. Still not sure if it is the vns or the med changes or just random luck but we haven't changed anything since the nasty things went on hiatus. We were in the middle of coming off of lamictal and onto topomax, so now she's on a dose of each that's so small the docs say it shouldn't be doing anything. Go figure.

Langan's walking continues to improve, as do her other skills. Amazing what a child can do when there's not a constant storm in her sweet little brain. We opened the pool this month and she is in it almost every day. She LOVES the water!

We had our annual IEP and Langan will stay in preschool for another year. I was thrilled with that result and even more thrilled that it didn't require the battle I expected. She also has full summer services at her wonderful school. So we're happy on that end. Next year will be the battle- she is fully included now and we'll want that in K but the school system here is all about segregating SN kids so we'll gear up for that when the time comes.

Langan is getting all 4 of her 6 year permanent molars- a year and a half early. Poor thing. She's only fussy at night but the dentist said it is super painful.

That's news here. We are happy that we have no crisis to report and hoping that things stay peaceful for a while.

(((hugs))) to all!!
Wendy, mom to Langan, the love of my life, born 7/19/02. Global delays, intractable seizures, mystery girl. VNS implanted 2/10/06, now on small dose of lamictal and fighting for seizure control, and wife to Jon, the other love of my life!!
langansmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote