View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 08:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
If SS changes a person's Alleged Onset Date, than the applicant receives a Partially Favorable Decision, not a Fully Favorable Decision. The decision letter also clearly states approval date, so it's not as if this is something SS tries to hide. And it's only common for an Alleged Onset Date to be changed if someone had turned 50 or 55 while waiting for approval, and even then an ALJ often asks the applicant during a hearing if they're willing to amend their application in exchange for an On the Record decision. By having the applicant agree, they generally lose the option to appeal.
*admin edit*...... what I was explaining in my post. When the SSA approves a claim at the initial level, they don't give you an option of the alleged onset date. I'm not talking at all about anything to do with a hearing before an ALJ. I specifically indicated what to be aware of when it came to being approved on the initial level because it's rare and if the SSA approves the claim as of the application date and you feel you've been disabled 12 months prior to that, you may want to appeal if the evidence is there to support it.

Last edited by Chemar; 06-07-2013 at 05:57 AM. Reason: argumentative pitch
appliedbenefits is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote