View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 10:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Kathy, my life is much improved now that I have a chair. I live in a condo where there are shops and restaurants downstairs. With my chair I can take the dog for biscuits at the Three Dog Bakery, have my hair or nails done, shop, or meet friends for lunch. In the condo I only use the chair on my worst days. Beyond the condo I couldn't be without it. Prior to getting my chair I was dependent on my husband to help me get around. I often would opt out of lunches due to the production it took to get me there. I have enough medical appointments that I depend on my husband to get me to (I do not drive because I do not feel confident of my driving due to CRPS).

I did have to go for an evaluation first before receiving the chair despite my Doctor writing up an order for one. That bit I find puzzling. I do have an electric wheelchair. It is actually, secretly, fun ... except, that is, when I got wacked in the head by someone's bag at the airport.

Be careful out there. You are much shorter when in a chair, and some people don't look but strait ahead when they walk.
- Injury 2004 L5S1; 2nd metatarsal left foot fracture; left hip fracture
Djhasty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brambledog (06-07-2013)