View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 12:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default cat breath

Well I took it again today and I really did get the effect I thought, my joints and lungs both felt good and I really can walk further without desaturating. I hope it continues to have more of an effect.

Mrs D, I don't know why I can feel it, I wouldn't believe it either. I usually can feel things like that. It may be part of my hypersensitivity issues, I had a bronchospasm at the grocery store the other day in the bread isle from the bread smell . I've been having some airway inflammation I can feel and turmeric takes that away like an aspirin takes care of a headache. Or maybe I got too many genes from my Norwegian ancestors who probably ate a lot of fish and I need more Omega 3s.

Flovent can cause all of this as a side effect and I'm trying to use other forms of anti-inflammatories and wean off it. I don't know if I will be successful, I've been on it for a long time. They have pretty much concluded COPD is a systemic autoimmune disease, we switch on inflammatory genes by smoking and they don't shut down when we stop. They say they don't know what the long term effects of Flovent are and I think a few of us are worse off for it. I started having frank inflammation last fall and pulmo upped dose of it and it suppressed it but never really resolved it and I'm fed up.

Sally, I have some NAC, I just took one in fact. It is used mostly for congestion which I don't have but it also helps me when I get short of breath and twitchy airways in the evening.

OK so what do I do about the cat breath? I haven't had any fish burps but I get kind of an oily feeling in my mouth and later a very bad taste reminds me of that horrid breath cats get sometimes. Is it my cheap brand? I don't taste fish but when I drank a glass of water it smelled like lake water so I'm sure it was my breath.

thanks,
judi
zygopetalum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote