View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 03:47 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default weightlifting and concussion?

13 days ago I got a concussion while longboarding with no helmet, I fell hit my head on pavement moving at around 40-50km/h. still don't remember the ride to the hospital and barely remember the first couple hours there.

My main hobby / lifestyle is bodybuilding. Doctor told me complete rest until zero symptoms then move to light training.. then back into heavy training.

for the first 5 days my symptoms were really bad. but they were suddenly gone by the 6th day and I felt back to myself.

I started very light weight training on the 8th day and felt fine the whole day. But after training light the day after (9th day) one symptom came back - which is I get very dizzy for about 10 seconds when I go from sitting up to laying down and when I go from laying down to sitting up.

I haven't worked out since the 9th day and its now 13 days total and that symptom wont go away. I still feel kinda dumb when talking to people, like I cant fully understand some questions in regular conversations or put things together easy.

Any advice on how to get back into weight training so I don't get symptoms coming back?
Rayne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote