View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 06:52 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFayesMom View Post
Don't do anything until your symptoms have been gone--totally gone, including any cognitive ones--for AT LEAST two weeks, but I'd say a month to be on the safe side. If ANY symptom comes back, stop immediately, and wait for two more weeks. You need to listen to and trust your body. You CANNOT push through these symptoms.

Read some of the signatures around here. You don't want to end up having PCS for many weeks, months, or years, so you should do everything in your power to avoid it. I caused an escalation in my symptoms through doing household activities like scrubbing baseboards and pulling weeds--that was my idea of resting! So don't be like me! Take care of yourself. You can always get back into shape again, but your brain is the most important part of your body. Be nice to it!
I agree, take a month off at least from all physical exercise. Get plenty of quiet rest and then gradually build up activity.
PCS following head injury November 2012. Experienced dizzyness, light and noise sensitivity, hypercusis, fatigue, insomnia, migraines, facial pain, problems concentrating, irritability, sensory overload, exercise intolerance.

Symptoms mostly resolved, working full time and I am now mostly better. I wake 6am daily since my injury. Was experiencing daily Neuralgia which was controlled with Cymbalta 30mg, Lyrica 200mg daily. Now only on 30mg Cymbalta.
mouse1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote