View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 09:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quitlyricalive View Post
off lyrica about ten months now, hang in there everyone, I am so far beyond the suffering i can hardly even remember it. but it was bad and lasted months and months. I do still have sleep troubles. and i forget thoughts sometimes while articulating. and I'm a little more sensitive. I am totally sober, no drugs, alcohol or smoking. just coffee. I quit it pretty cold turkey for 350 mg or something. you all can read my posts as I can here religiously when I was going through it. it is very hard but you will make it, it's a commitment, but it pays off, 7 months you're pretty good. work out everyday. much love and strength to all you out there dealing with pain management issues and addiction. may you be at ease.
Hello and thanks to all on this thread,
I was taking Lyrica for around 6 years with the last 3 1/2 at 600 mg a day. Last year I started to taper off very slowly over many months. When I got to about 300 mg I started to notice the withdrawal symptoms. Last fall I was down to only 100 mg a day and it was terrible so I decided in December to stop. Well long story short, December through March were h*ll. I am still dealing with the withdrawal symptoms and the increased nerve issues from my cervical problems. When will the strange physical feelings go away! I am always cold and feel like I have a fever but do not. I still have a strange numbness. The anxiety is almost all gone now after 5 1/2 months.... but I am still not myself at all.

Thanks to all for posting their experience with stopping Lyrica. I will never take it again.
jimac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote