View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 10:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GladysD View Post
Found this. They may seem unprepared, or are unprepared because MS dxs involve a differential diagnosis. And can take many tests, etc, over time, to determine if it is MS or something else. This particular site that I am including a snip-it of, cautions that the elevated albumin doesn't seem to rule out other illnesses.

Hope you get some answers, , it can be a long process to finding answers.

http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/test-[snip]catalog/Clinical+and+Interpretive/8009
The index is independent of the activity of the demyelinating process.

Cautions Discusses conditions that may cause diagnostic confusion, including improper specimen collection and handling, inappropriate test selection, and interfering substancesThe cerebrospinal fluid index can be elevated in other inflammatory demyelinating diseases such as neurosyphilis, acute inflammatory polyradiculoneuropathy, and subacute sclerosing panencephalitis.
[snip]
Thank you for the information. The doctor called and said he thinks this is my Myasthenia Gravis and not MS. The elevation was .1 for the Albumin and the other proteins for dymelination and bands were negative. I don't know, I'm just rolling with the punches. I started steroids for the first time last night so we will see how I do. They are also redoing the MRIs on a GE 3T Excite HDXT because the first MRIS were done on a .3 Open Aire MRI at my request. He's going to do the brain, the C Spine, and the Thoracic areas with and without contrast and flairs for the spine. I'm just plugging along the best I can, and trying to get the best care possible.
strizzlow20 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (06-07-2013), GladysD (06-07-2013), SallyC (06-07-2013)