View Single Post
Old 05-13-2007, 02:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Mel, there is so many magnetic gimmicks out there thats its really not funny, they really do give magnetic therapy a bad name, they promise the world and are not frightened to charge an arm and a leg for them either, but all of the ones i have actual seen for myself, are a complete joke.
My mother brought one of those magnetic belts and it did nothing for her too, the same as Alan, no wonder, i checked the strength of the magnets and even though there was lots of small magnetics in them they were terribly weak magnets.
When i first got PN and desperate for relief i seen some inner soles that advertised great, but when i got to the shop and tested them with a bit of metal they were as weak as water and they wanted around $70 for a pair, probably made in china for a dollar or so.
I also can't see how that magnetic massager could possibly work either, because once the machine has is turned off there is no more magnetism.

The only way they have a chance of working is they have to be really strong for a start and left on the area for at least over night and be applied directly on the skin [with moleskin first] exactly were the problem area is, so really Alan hasn't had any real magnetic therapy [in the true sense] yet.

I am a big believer in the old needle & lazor accupunture, i have nearly fell a sleep a few times myself, the guy who does my accupunture is also a doctor as well, this guy really knows his stuff, and he was telling me that he had a school of magnetic therapy going at one time, and he has used magnetic therapy on a horse of all things and successfully, i tried to buy some of his magnets off him but he wouldn't be in it, he said he still uses them.
He agree's with me about all the rubbish out there claiming to be magnetic therapy, he said its real deception and shouldn't be aloud to happen.
all the best
Brian
Brian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote