View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 11:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Just my opinion, but I would avoid both of those drugs at all costs. Both are potentially nasty with bad side effects.

Since you have time, I would research and try some natural solutions for the cholesterol. Gugu lipids, red yeast rice, dietary changes all can be helpful. Mrs D can probably assist you with these. I've heard statins and MG don't mix well.

As for the osteo meds...ugh...I have pretty strong opinions about them. New studies (as well as old ones) show that they are really good at building bone---thick, chalky, brittle bone. It may look good on scans and x-rays but you've seen what happens when you drop a piece of chalk....shatter city. That's what it does to your bones, too.

There has been a lot of talk about spontaneous femur and hip fractures from women on the osteo drugs. Also, there is a lot of info about what it can do to your jaw even years after stopping the meds. If you have major dental work done, you can have osteonecrosis of the jaw (bone death.) Not a good deal.

Again, there are more natural things you can do to help your bones. Vitamin D3, a lower protein diet, mild resistive exercise, natural hormone replacement, etc can all help to more naturally preserve your bones.

So these are my opinions, as I've never tried either of the drugs, and probably wouldn't if the need arose. I'm sure others will be along with their opinions, and then you can make some decision.

An informed decision is always the BEST decision! Good luck.

Last edited by 4-eyes; 06-07-2013 at 12:57 PM.
4-eyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
sandy56 (06-07-2013)