View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 12:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Were you tested for thyroid issues? Do you know your results?
Do you know there is a newer scale for TSH that only goes to 3.0?
(the old scale goes to 5.0)

I think one thing YOU can do is get a wrist support splint for
carpal tunnel and wear it on that affected wrist at night. Don't get a tight one. There are many styles now...I have a "women's" one I bought at WalMart that I like...it is not expensive and streamlined and designed for women.

Sleeping can compress the wrist with odd angles the hands can take. Some people are prone to compression there and this can impact the wrist.

I had terrible carpal tunnel when I was pregnant and learned about the splints from the doctor I saw then. Hormones, and too much salt will sometimes cause this compression too. Low thyroid, causes alot of compressive issues. So really making sure you do not have low thyroid would be first for you to evaluate at this point. Don't trust doctors when they say "normal". Many people are on this forum with "abnormal" tests, that were misinterpreted.
Thank you for your reply, my thyroid tests were normal and I have been wearing splints for two months and these do help at night. I have a four year old but did not suffer when I was pregnant. I am very frustrated as I want to get back to work, unfortunately my job requires lots of repetitive actions.
vickylou is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote