Thread: Mayo clinics
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 12:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

First off...I want to say good luck to your dad. I hope they are able to help him there.

I haven't been myself...was denied an appointment. What I have heard is that generally they are not the place to go for chronic pain conditions. If there are ANY other issues or things that could be contributing to or making the RSD worse then they may be all over those things...but chronic pain is just not their thing. I know at least one person from this forum who told me about an AWFUL experience there. They were able to effectively diagnose and treat several other issues they had but when it came to the RSD it was just a terrible experience and no help whatsoever. I was actually glad to hear this after I was denied the appointment because I felt like I wasn't likely missing out on any great thing.

That said...this was all several years ago. Things can change, the medical field is changing, and chronic pain conditions are just as important to treat as anything else. So don't be discouraged by anything that I said above. The situation could be very different now. Hopefully your dad will see a wonderful doctor who can help him. Good luck!
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
birchlake (06-08-2013)