View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 06:13 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Fistula above infected tooth and dental implant

Asmitty, I am sorry for what you have been through. I also received a diagnosis of neurological lyme disease almost 2 years ago and often wonder if what I have is a systemic dental infection that lowered my immune response. I had a failed root canal followed by a tooth extraction and dental implant in 2008. This was followed by years of dental and gum pain that my dentist and oral surgeon were unable to figure out because the x-rays and dental exams always looked great. I eventually did receive 2 more root canals due to the pain and sensitivity (very unfortunate) and 2 years later, one of those root canaled teeth developed a fistula that shows bone infection above it. We discovered this a few weeks ago, but I think I noticed the bump on the roof of my mouth months ago. It would come and go and I always thought it was a spot from burning my mouth with tea.

I am finally scheduled to get the tooth extracted next week. The pain has migrated to my ear, sinuses and skull. I lost almost all hearing in the ear on the same side as the tooth infection 2 1/2 years ago. I often wonder if there has been an infection circulating around in my inner ear that all started from a bad jaw bone infection that started with that implant. I am concerned because my dental implant is adjacent to the infected tooth that is going to be extracted.

Please keep us posted on how you do with the bone grafting. I am afraid when the oral surgeon pulls my tooth that he will discover more damage than originally anticipated. This is a very difficult journey we are on. But I hope that we are finally closer to getting some answers.
dbpei is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote