View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 09:39 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Prednisone/Mestinon and moodiness

I have only been on steroids for three days now. I don't even know if this is enough time to take effect, but I haven't noticed a decrease in symptoms and I actually feel like some of my older symptoms (breathing) were showing up a little bit. That isn't severe and I know if I start having breathing problems I need to go to the ER to be safe. What I am a little conerned about is my moodiness. I am still battling some depression and anxiety, but I feel like I'm being snippy/agitated. I even admitted this to my girlfriend last night because she could tell I was being impatient with things that I normally wouldn't have an issue with. I think it's the steroids but has anyone else had this problem? Can the Mestinon cause some muscle twitching at times as well?

(I am currently taking 20mg of Prednisone twice a day, a pill every 12 hours. I am also on Mestinon 60 mgs, and I take a half of pill every 4-6 to hours. This is my first time taking these medications on a daily basis so I am still trying to figure out what works for me. I have a follow up in a week with the doctor to check on things.)
strizzlow20 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote