View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 11:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevscar View Post
One touch of a sunray and my am feels as if it's been dipped in petrol and set on fire. If this is her reaction them it's definetly not a good idea. Has she flown since I did, never again as the plane climbed and the inside pressure rose so did the pain so bad I came close to walking into the sea rather tha flyig back.
The trouble is it affects all of us in different ways so others will tell you they have had neither of these problems
Thank you Kevscar
Every bit of info is much appreciated, so thanks for the reply.
I'm not sure how much the sun affects actually, the sun is a rarity here in Wales, so I'm going to have to quiz her on that one. I know that she keeps her arm covered from the sun, and also keeps it covered from the cold too.
Her arm feel's like it's on fire/burning, yet it's cold to touch. She try's to stay indoors if the weather is too hot or to cold, and that's what stated me thinking about her holiday,and how it would affect her RSD/CRPS.
I have been reading a few posts last night, and to be honest, my only concern was 'the heat', so I had not thought about the actual flight and cabin pressure. I understand it affects everyone in different ways, but now I cant help but worry after reading how pressure causes havoc with a person's CRPS.
I saw a couple of posts were people mentioned 'cabin pressure causing CRPS to spread', and one person had been warned about this by her doctor. Is this true? Or have you heard this before?
I'm thinking this holiday will be more trouble than its worth, but at the same time, I don't want her CRPS to put a halt on all of life's pleasure's,and prevent her from doing everything, as it's taken to much already.
Cymro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote