View Single Post
Old 05-13-2007, 05:02 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Default Book update....

Well, can't do much today... with this virus. But it is also the Book Sale weekend at our library! So I swallowed a bunch of pills to get going...and my husband
helped me. I could not get Sarum at the library..I had it on hold, and it never came back..so I thought this sale might be good. And it was beyond all my expectations.

We bought $28 worth over 2 days. Today was .50 for softcover, 1.00 hardcover and they were all NEW copies!
I got
Sarum
The Forest
The Princes of Ireland (Dublin saga)

A hardcover James Herriott (the vet) anthology with drawings/pictures of Yorkshire

Several PD James
Bill Bryson A Walk in the Woods
A book called Hauntings in Michigan --for our summer library collection of Michigania! LOL

3 Ann Rule including the Ted Bundy one, and The Green River Killer

the new Micheal Critchon book on an air plane disaster

Several misc mystery things (one Patterson, some Kellerman, some new authors I haven't seen)
Shadow of the Wind in trade paper for my husband...since he hasn't read it yet. --going to give to my son eventually
A gardening book for a friend at work
Dan Brown's Digital Fortress ( a computer SciFi thing) also for my son eventually.

All in all some wonderful stuff this year. People donate used books to the library which sells them off the $$ .. I buy them, read them usually in the summer and give to our small local library up North. They sell duplicates off and keep what they want from donations. So all in all 3 systems benefit! I like it like that too.

I want to thank everyone on this thread for the great ideas! This might be the best reading summer YET! LOL

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote