Old 06-08-2013, 01:11 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
I have to say... blech on Dr. Oz.

I won't watch him anymore...he often doesn't even understand what he talks about, and will contradict himself later in the show on the subject. He once told a woman on his show about low D levels to eat more mushrooms! (mushrooms have D2 in them and this does little or nothing). Dr. Oz is not good for MY blood pressure most days! LOL

LOL! I generally don't watch him, either. I just got interested in this particular show because he had someone on there to discuss Alzheimer's Disease. Since my Mom and sister both died from it I wanted to hear what he had to say.

I'm usually unimpressed with just about anything Dr. Oz has to say. His program is just a bunch of screaming women there to giggle and swoon over him. And even that I can't see!!

This particular doctor was talking about heavy metals and how they're found in many Alzheimer brains. I don't take extra iron or even iron fortified vitamins. I don't eat red meat. About the only fish I eat is salmon and tilapia.

The magnesium supplement is the only thing I have noticed a big improvement with. I also use the Epsom lotion and have started using your trick of applying it to my wrists for better absorption.

I've stopped the HBP meds (both Lisinopril and Losartan).
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote