View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 02:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi and thanks again for the information. My son's neuro explained that one O band would be considered normal in the absense of the abnormal VER and the weakness in his legs. There were a few other abnormalities in the bloodwork that he rattled off while we were at the appointment and after going over all of this with me, his exact words were "I'd be willing to bet this is an MS variant".

Of course, I hope he's mistaken, and I will be taking my son to a pediatric MS center on July 15th (that was the earliest appointment they had available) Fortunately, my son seems to be bouncing back from this episode, his gait is still a little unsteady in the morning, but I have a feeling that he will be back to normal soon. Now I'm debating about whether or not to have him go through with the five days of steroid treatment, if the child is getting better on his own, why subject him to it?

Snoopy, you said you had symptoms of MS as a child and you weren't taken to a doctor. What symptoms were you having at that time? I'm assuming they subsided after awhile, then caught up with you again in your early 20's? I will check out the MS boards, thanks again for the link about ADEM.
sallymanda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (06-09-2013)